Learn how to build an app in Noloco around your SmartSuite solution
If you're storing data in SmartSuite, you can easily connect your SmartSuite solutions(s) to your Noloco apps and allow your team or customers to read, update and create records in SmartSuite directly from your Noloco app.
- 1.Start the connect flow when creating a new app When choosing a data source, choose the SmartSuite to sync your tables and data from your SmartSuite solution
2. Connect your SmartSuite account with Noloco Click the Connect with SmartSuite button to connect your account to Noloco. Securely log into SmartSuite using your SmartSuite credentials. Noloco uses OAuth2 to ensure these values are never passed to Noloco. You can revoke access from your SmartSuite integration settings at any time.
- 3.Select your Workspace and then choose a SmartSuite Solution Choose the SmartSuite workspace that your Solution is in, and then choose the Solution you want to sync to Noloco.
- 4.Once you've chosen your Workspace, and your solution, you can customize the name of the solution in Noloco, or leave it as the prepopulated name. Once you're ready, click Next
Noloco will analyse the data in your SmartSuite solution and will automatically create tables and views in your app around your data from SmartSuite.
For example, if you have a table with Properties data in SmartSuite, we'll automatically create a collection view, record page to edit individual records and a form to add new Properties data. You can then use our App Builder to configure the display, add filters and set user access levels (i.e. which users can see and update what information).
The field types in SmartSuite can be broken down into the types that we fully support, types that we support reading (but not updating) and types we do not support and exclude from syncs.
The following field types are fully supported by Noloco
Any types that do not appear in the section above are not supported by Noloco at this time. These fields will not be imported into your apps. A summary of these fields follows but please note that it may be non-exhaustive if SmartSuite adds new field types in the future. While these fields are not currently supported, they might be planned for the future.
If you are using SmartSuite user fields in your base and want to import these to Noloco, we would recommend setting up a user table which has a single user per-row and information about the user in field types which are supported by Noloco. You can then import this table as a user list.
When your app users update data from Noloco, it will be reflected instantly in your SmartSuite solution (you might need to reload your SmartSuite app to see this).
If an update is made to your SmartSuite solution directly (e.g. via an automation, or directly in the table), the updated data should be reflected within a few seconds. SmartSuite notifies Noloco that the data has changed, and Noloco responds by updating the data in Noloco, and then in your app.
Yes - you can connect multiple SmartSuite solutions to the same Noloco app. You can also mix and match with other data sources as well (e.g. Noloco Collections, Airtable or Google Sheets).
This is caused by one of two scenarios:
- 1.Your solution is already connected to this app. You can check this by going to your data page and looking for the solution, or by going to your project integration settings and reviewing the accessible solutions modal which will show you the solutions which are connected from your account.
- 2.Noloco doesn't have access to this solution from your OAuth integration. To fix this you can check the solutions that Noloco has access to by going to your project integration settings and opening the accessible SmartSuite solutions modal. If your solution does not appear in this list you have not given Noloco permission to access it. This could mean the solution isn't shared with the SmartSuite account that you linked with Noloco.
If you have tried doing a manual sync of your Solution's schema but one of your columns still won't appear in Noloco this can mean one of two things:
- We don't support that type of columns See the section above on which field types are and aren't supported.
- The name of the field clashes with a previous name of an existing column If you ever renamed a column and now the new field has the same name as that older column we will not be able to sync that field to Noloco until the older, existing field is deleted, or the new field's name is changed (in any way).
Yes, when you integrate your SmartSuite solution into Noloco, Noloco makes API requests to determine the tables and columns in your app, as well as fetching and updating the data in your SmartSuite solutions. All of these actions are counted towards your SmartSuite API Limits but Noloco intelligently only makes requests to SmartSuite when SmartSuite notifies Noloco of any changes to your data, or when you make a change to your SmartSuite data in Noloco.