Learn how to plug your Google Sheets into your Noloco app
With Noloco you can connect multiple data sources to power your app. Which means you can create an app which is connected to many Airtable bases, Google sheets & Noloco collections at the same time. In doing so, we enable business' to unite many data sources into one single source of truth - their Noloco app.
In this guide we are going to walkthrough how easy it is to connect your Google sheet(s) to your Noloco app. Once connected, this will allow your team, customers &/or third party stakeholders to read, update and create records in your Google sheets directly from your Noloco app.
Before connecting your Google Sheet to Noloco, you should check that it is formatted suitably. We'll take you through this below.
First, we must ensure that your Google Sheet(s) are formatted correctly for Noloco. Specifically, Noloco requires that:
- Column headings are in Row 1
- The first column is in Column A
- The first data row starts in Row 2
This must be the case for ALL worksheets (sheets) within your Google spreadsheet. This includes any hidden sheets you may have in your spreadsheet. If any sheet is formatted incorrectly, the sync will fail.
Correctly formatted Google Sheet
Before proceeding, please verify each sheet(s):
- Has a column header titles for each column in Row 1
- Has at least x1 row of data starting in Row 2
- Does not have any hidden columns without a column header title
If your sheet does not follow the above format or includes any of the listed 'gotcha's', it will not work.
Before proceeding to the next step, you will need to remove and/or modify your sheet(s) until they resemble the format displayed in the screenshot above.
1) Add your Google sheet connection
Navigate to the data tab in your Noloco app and click to add a new data source. From the list, choose Google sheets.
2. Name your Data source & Sign-in with Google
It's best practice to call the data source the same name as your google sheet to help you keep track.
Once you have specified a name, proceed to Connect your Google Account. Simply select 'Connect with Google' and you will be brought to the 'Sign in with Google' dialogue.
3. Connect to the Google account where your google sheet is stored.
4. Allow Noloco access to your Google Account
5. Now specify which Google Sheet you want Noloco to sync
Now, you must open the Google sheet you want Noloco to connect to. Once it is opened, copy the sheet URL link found in the browser bar (Ctrl + C or Cmd + C).
Then paste the sheet URL into the location specified in the below screenshot.
Select 'Next' to kick off the sync
This can take up to 1 minute depending on how much data is stored in your Google sheet
Once the sync is complete select the 'Bring me to my app' button and Voilá you may now access your google sheet data from within your Noloco app.. magic 🪄 🎉
You can disconnect your Google Account from Noloco if you wish to prevent Noloco from accessing your Google Drive & Google Sheets, but also as a trouble-shooting step to reconnect your account properly.
- Click your Avatar in the top right-hand corner
- Click 'Manage your Google Account'
- In the left side bar choose 'Security'
- Scroll down until you find 'Third-party apps with account access' and click 'Manage third-party access'
- Find 'Noloco' on the list that appears and click it to expand it, then click 'Revoke Access' and accept any dialogues that appear
To reconnect your account to Noloco, go back to the "Integrations" section in your App settings and follow the instructions to reconnect.