Learn more about Rollups
A rollup field is a summary of related fields. Choose a relationship on the same collection, choose which field on the related collection you need to summarize and then choose how to summarize it. An example would be if you wanted to calculate the total cost of all projects that each client/company has in the above example. You would add a rollup field to the Company collection with the projects relationship we defined earlier. The field to summarize would be Cost and you would want to SUM the costs, so you get the total sum of costs of all projects associated with a given company.
- Go to the collection you would like to add the rollup field to. In the above example this is the Company collection.
- Open the table settings sidebar
- Add a new field and choose Rollup as the type.
- Choose from one of the multi-relationship fields associated with your collection
- Choose the field you would like to summarize on the other collection
- Choose which method of aggregation you would like
Aggregation of durations and dates will behave exactly as expected, where the sum of a duration field is the sum of all the times, and the min of a date field is the earliest date