Allow your team or customers to export your app's data, or do a full export from the data table
You can configure your app to include an Export button on any Collection view or section. When enabled, this will export all of the rows in the view. This is a great way to let your team or clients export the data they need from your app.
- 1.Navigate to the Collection View or Section: Begin by selecting the specific collection view or section where you'd like to enable the export functionality.
- 2.Add Export Button: Once inside the chosen collection view or section, turn on Build Mode and open the build-mode sidebar. Open the "Buttons" sections and then enable the "Export Button" . This will add an export button to your collection view or section.
- 3.Configure Button Settings: Upon enabling the 'Export Button', you can configure the button label.
- 1.Navigate to the Collection View or Section: To start exporting data, navigate to the collection view or section where you've added the export button.
- 2.Click on the Export Button: Locate the 'Export' button and click on it. This action will initiate a download of a CSV file to your device.
- 3.Open the CSV File: Locate the downloaded CSV file on your device. You can open this file with any application that supports CSV format, such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. Here, you'll find your data neatly organized in a spreadsheet format.
Remember, the exported CSV file will only contain the data fields you displayed in your collection view.
And there you have it! Exporting data from your Noloco app is as simple as that. This feature is particularly useful for generating reports, performing offline data analysis, or for data migration purposes.
The exported file is formatted as a CSV (Comma Separated Values) which means it can be imported to any spreadsheet software like Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel.
The column headers will match the labels you provided in the app.
If you export linked fields like Customer then the export will include two columns
- Customer will contain the display text for that value such as Bob's Business
- Customer ID will contain the Noloco ID for that value such as 1003
Having both fields allows you to re-import with the ID but understand which value is in the field.
Each collection on the data table has an export button that you can use to export the full set of records for that collection, in the same format as described above.
This can be very useful for backing up your data, or importing into any other tool